This mama loves Wagamama and so should you! Asian fusion yumminess with all the kid-friendly amenities you need. Frolic in Madison Square Park post meal and you’re good to go for a Sippy Cup Approved day!
|Address:||210 Fifth Avenue @ 26th street|
|Area:||Nomad / Flatiron|
|Room Around Tables For Stroller:||YES
|Accessible (No Stairs):||YES|
|Double Stroller Friendly:||YES|
Activity menu + crayons
|Half Portions Available:||YES|
|Changing Table Men’s:||YES|
|Changing Table Women’s:||YES|
*Not all tables have room for strollers. Ask for one in advance via reservation if it’s a must
Good for Infants, Toddlers, Little Kids
Appropriate for Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Sippy Cup Rating:(4.5 / 5)
Calling all mamas (and papas!). Wagamama is the bomb and more importantly SIPPY CUP APPROVED! We had heard about this British chain for a while and were stoked when the first NYC location opened up in our hood. Terrific, well-priced asian fusion food in a chic atmosphere that actually makes grown ups feel like…well, grown ups. Never fear, kids can still feel like kids with an activity menu and age appropriate food/portions on their very own menu which doesn’t include mac + cheese or chicken fingers (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that but let’s try something new shall we?). We recommend the cod cubes or mini chicken ramen. Also they don’t get mad if kids (or adults) drop their chopsticks in an attempt to perfect their technique. It’s written right on their menu!
Wagamama chopstick policy:
The wise man learns to use chopsticks. the wise man who can’t use chopsticks asks a server for a fork (but also takes a set home to practice)
After your lunch date jump over to the lego store down the block or to Madison Square Park for a little fun.
- Gluten free menu available
- Kids menu! Read about all the options and ingredients here
- Changing table in unisex bathroom
- If you need a table with stroller parking call in advance. It’s a big restaurant but not all tables can accommodate. If you need a high chair ask for a freestanding table vrs a booth.
- No official stroller parking but you can “park” your stroller in area near bathroom or against wall
- Wanna bring your own kid-friendly chopsticks? Take a field trip to Chinatown (there are tons of cute stores on Mott that have plastic beginner chopsticks like the store Yunhong between Bayard and Pell Street). You can also get them online – we like these ones by Piyo Piyo because they have finger support.
- Feeling ambitious? Wagamama shares some of their recipes here (yeah, I know…in allllll your spare time).
- Wanna know the difference between Yasai and Shichimi? Yep, their website has definitions to help you out!