|Address:||55 3rd Ave @ 11th st|
|Room Around Tables For Stroller:||YES
See notes below
|Accessible (No Stairs):||YES|
|Double Stroller Friendly:||YES|
See notes below
|Half Portions Available:||YES|
|Changing Table Men’s:||NO|
|Changing Table Women’s:||NO|
Good for infants, toddlers and little kids.
Appropriate for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Weekend Brunch.
Sippy Cup Rating:(4.0 / 5)
The Smith East Village in loud and hectic. Whether that is a pro or con really depends. It’s not great for a sleeping baby who stays in the stroller but it’s gosh darn perfect for a screaming one as surrounding noise will drown out the tears!
The Smith has a number of locations and East Village one gets a healthy mix of families, NYU students and happy hour/brunching revelers. We go here often and the staff is always very accommodating. They are always willing to bring side portions, half portions etc. There is no printed kids menu but they do have a silent one. Be sure to ask, although they will likely offer. The kiddie options at lunch/dinner are: mini pizza, pasta (plain or with red sauce), a mini burger, chicken, grilled cheese and mac+cheese. All options come with fries and broccoli. There is no kids menu for breakfast/brunch however you can find a ton of options including half orders of everything on the menu.
When the restaurant is packed it can be a little tough to maneuver a stroller but it is by no means impossible. There is some room up front to leave your buggy or downstairs if the private room isn’t being used. If you want to keep the stroller with you be sure to ask for a freestanding table vrs a booth.
The only bummer is that there are no changing tables. On a good note the bathroom stalls are unisex and all in the same place so it’s easy for either parent to be on bathroom duty (daddies, that means you!)
- There is a vintage photo booth downstairs by the bathroom which is fun for the kiddies.
- The restaurant gets super busy – make a reservation especially during peak brunch and happy hours.
- The red sauce used in the pizza and pasta dishes has a bit of a kick so keep that in mind when ordering it for your kiddies.
- F+B doesn’t review food but we will make an exception here. Get the tomato soup. That is an order. You won’t be disappointed. Got it?
- Stephanie at City Cookin shared her version of The Smith’s epic tomato soup – give it a shot and I’d be happy to taste test!