What’s In My Baby Bag?
Featuring Morgan Hutchinson, Salt Lake City / NYC
Morgan Hutchinson is the founder of BURU – the online shopping destination of thoughtfully curated ready-to-wear for a mother’s lifestyle – www.shopburu.com. She is the mother of 3-year old Olive Bee who loves all things girl— tea parties, princess dresses, and the color pink.
The Vessel: Rebecca Minkoff Knocked Up Baby bag
I change bags quite often…never met an accessory I didn’t like! The only official baby bag that I used was the all leather Rebecca Minkoff Knocked Up Baby bag—which is great! It comes with a changing pad and all the pockets are labeled with something cute like “snacks” or “mom stuff”. It kept me organized. For my non-official baby bags, I carry oversized totes full of smaller waterproof bags in different colors to help me locate things easier. Each color represented a different category like changing supplies, feeding supplies, or entertainment.
- I basically carry an entire art studio with me at all times. I love Crayola Color Wonder because it takes the stress out of her coloring on something important. A glue stick and pre-cut shapes from the craft aisle can entertain her for a solid 30 minutes and the party size play-doh packs really come in handy at a restaurant.
- My snack bag consists of Oloves olives—they’re the perfect travel size and she always finishes them. Additionally, I keep a nice supply of Gogo Squeez applesauces and Annie’s Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks.
- I think clean-up kits are crucial for mom survival! I always have baby wipes, a travel size Lysol, a Dreft stain remover pen, and antibacterial gel.
- We have been potty trained for a while now, but I still carry an extra pair of big girl panties and leggings…just in case! Better safe than sorry!
- Of course I have several mommy essentials as well—wallet, keys, Tom Ford lipstick, YSL touche eclat, prescription sunglasses, bobby pins, dry shampoo, and a travel brush. You never know when you may need to freshen up after a playground visit!
Fork + Bib Favorite Restaurant:
We love the Todd English Food Hall in the bottom of The Plaza. It’s the perfect pit stop after a playdate in the park and the options are endless! Everyone is happy! Plus, Olive loves any chance to pop into the Eloise shop! There is also ample space for a stroller and easy, clean restrooms.