What’s In My Baby Bag?
Featuring Ellen Mondshine, Upper West Side
Ellen Ganz Mondshine is originally from Hingham, Mass. She was an executive at Deloitte & Touche before starting an arguably tougher career as a full time mom of her adorable son Simon, age 3, and his baby brother Nathan.
My bag changes all of the time, depending on where I am going and with how many kids! Sometimes it’s my giant MZ Wallace bag (which I usually only bring if I have the big stroller), and sometimes it’s my Strand canvas tote bag (when I have both kids, a stroller and am getting on the bus)! No matter which bag, I almost always have my Tumi “Calera” crossbody bag with me so I can stick my wallet, phone, keys, and tissues in it and run after my kids hands free, while leaving snacks, diapers, etc. in the bigger bag with my stroller, or somewhere I can see it but don’t have to be right next to it.
- Huggies Size 3 and Pampers Thomas Easy Ups – hopefully the latter will be replaced with undies and a change of clothes soon!
- Honest Co Hand sanitizer spray – I like the scent and find it easy to apply
- Pampers sensitive wipes in a Huggies travel wipes case – Huggies use to have a great little plastic box which they discontinued for the travel pouch, which is reusable but always seems to come apart. I find Huggies wipes too abrasive so I just fill the pouch with Pampers wipes.
- A couple of small wooden trains
- Highlights High Five magazine
- Go Go Squeez (or Trader Joe’s Pouch)
- Trail mix (raisins, granola and misc other small things) in a Bumkins Reusable Snack Bag – takes him a long time to eat, which is great
- String cheese – my kid loves to snack!
- Bamba – Nathan is addicted
- Vanicream sunscreen – Great for sensitive skin, I love to use it on myself too
- 2 Foogo by Thermos
Fork + Bib Favorite Restaurant:
Sugar and Plumm (Upper West Side): It opens early which is great for our early risers! Spacious and kid friendly, so you don’t feel bad when your kids are loud. Kids menu, crayons and coloring/activity page, and good food! It can get super crowded on the weekends, but there is a playground down the street if you want to let your kids run around while you wait!