A friendly American French eatery in Carroll Gardens with the best maple glazed bacon we’ve ever had. Upscale inventive food without an ounce of pretentiousness. Give it a try for brunch and save dinner for date night.
|Cuisine:||American / French|
|Address:||412 Court St @ 1st Pl|
|Area:||Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn|
|Room Around Tables For Stroller:||YES|
|Accessible (No Stairs):||YES|
|Double Stroller Friendly:||YES
|Half Portions Available:||YES|
|Changing Table Men’s:||NO
|Changing Table Women’s:||NO
Good for brunch.
Appropriate for infants, toddlers, little kids who stay in stroller or can sit without a booster seat.
* Re: Stroller – Dover has a single door. A smaller sized double side-by-side stroller will fit through door. An larger one will not.
* Re: Changing tables – There is one unisex bathroom. No changing table however it is large and clean. I’d be comfortable changing a baby there with a pad on the floor.
Sippy Cup Rating:
(3.0 / 5)
Sunny and I were joined on Sunday by one of her oldest (and youngest!) friends Avery and her mama Meghann. They are new Carroll Gardens residents and are still searching for their favorite kid-friendly haunts so when they suggested we try New York Times rated Dover we said “We’re in!”
We arrived around 11:45am and had our choice of tables. (Subtle hint – go early before the rest of Brooklyn gets up). The space was wide open and there was a good amount of room between and around the tables for strollers, plus there was stroller parking in the front enclosed entrance. We spread out and before we could say “Queen Elsa of Arendelle,” 4 mini warm doughnut holes sprinkled with powdered sugar arrived at our table. Off to a good start!
While there is no kid-menu, our waitress immediately told us to “ask for whatever we wanted for the kids – half orders, scrambled eggs etc” even though none of those things were actually on the menu. Between all of us we ordered the blueberry pancakes, watermelon salad, french toast, eggs in cocotte and a side of grilled bacon with maple sherry glaze. All very good although Avery wasn’t crazy about the ricotta scoop on top of the pancake. Next time we will get it on the side. She loved her freshly squeezed orange juice and Sunny was pleased as punch with her magic pink watermelon juice which was offered to her after we learned they didn’t have her usual go-to…apple juice.
Even the mamas got a lovely Sunday surprise when the bartender brought over complimentary glasses of their new watermelon sangria.
Fork & Bib doesn’t think this would be a good choice for dinner, especially during busy hours but for brunch we say it’s worth a try.
- Baby mini doughnut holes at the beginning of the meal are heaven!
- Outdoor seasonal seating
- The Watermelon salad is a good kid-friendly choice. Ask for the dressing on the side.
- I insist you get the bacon glazed in maple syrup. You won’t be disappointed.
- Sunny was disappointed they didn’t have apple juice but they do have watermelon juice which is pink….crisis averted!