A bigger (and more kid-friendly!) version of the original hole-in-the-wall location hidden in midtown hotel Le Parker Meridien. This Greenwich Village haunt attracts NYU students and burger loving parents alike.
|Address:||33 West 8th Street @ MacDougal St.|
Sun-Th 12PM – 11pM
F-Sat 12PM – 12AM
|Room Around Tables For Stroller:||YES|
|Accessible (No Stairs):||YES|
|Double Stroller Friendly:||YES|
* see notes
|Half Portions Available:||YES|
|Changing Table Men’s:||NO|
|Changing Table Women’s:||NO
** see notes
* There is not officially a separate kids menu however the menu is all burgers, grilled cheese and fries which is pretty much the definition of Sippy Cup Approved in Fork & Bib’s books!
** No changing table however the unisex bathroom is large and very clean
Appropriate for infants (who will stay in the stroller), toddlers and little kids
Good for Lunch or Dinner
Sippy Cup Rating:
(2.5 / 5)
When Sunny’s main man Leo invited her for lunch at Burger Joint, Mama we were in! A self-proclaimed burger connoisseur I was excited to try the Greenwich Village outpost of the legendary Burger Joint housed in Le Parker Meridien Hotel. The original Burger Joint in midtown is small and not at all stroller friendly. I was pleased to see that this one was! While there isn’t a specific stroller parking area, as long as you go early (meaning, not when the NYU kids are happy hour-ing) it is definitely possible to dine with a stroller or two in tow.
The laid back vibe (complete with menus written on cardboard strips) makes the Burger Joint a great pick for a fun stress-free weekend lunch as long as you don’t require a booster seat or high chair.
The menu is simple – burgers. So if you are looking for a wider menu this is not your place. Go figure, Sunny wasn’t in the mood for a burger when we went but luckily our waitress happily brought her a side of bacon – crisis averted!
As burgers go, this one is a bit pricey but it’s worth it.
- Kid-friendly plastic cups with covers (hooray for no spills!)
- Want to see the inside of the restaurant for yourself? Click here!
- No apple juice (Sunny asked me to include that for her friends that simply NEED it when eating burger)
- They make a good grilled cheese (your only other option if you don’t want burgers). They refer to it as the “Cheeseburger, hold the meat”