Old school diner with 80’s decor and all the kid-friendly amenities one needs for a fun and stress-free (hopefully!) meal
|Cuisine:||American / Diner|
|Address:||239 Park Ave @ 19th St|
Breakfast (all day!)
* See notes
|Room Around Tables For Stroller:||NO
** See notes
|Accessible (No Stairs):||YES|
|Double Stroller Friendly:||YES|
Crayons (just ask!)
|Half Portions Available:||YES|
|Changing Table Men’s:||YES|
|Changing Table Women’s:||YES|
* The restaurant gets very busy on weekends during which time stroller parking is limited. However the restaurant is very accommodating and they will find a place in the back. Best option is to leave your stroller at home during peak times.
** Most tables at Big Daddy’s are booths which don’t work for strollers. If you need a to have a stroller at the table the only viable option is large table at the back of the restaurant which has chairs
Appropriate for infants, toddlers, little kids. However, try to keep the stroller at home if possible because there are limited tables where the stroller can actually stay at the table.
Best for any meal – breakfast (which they serve all day!), lunch or dinner
Sippy Cup Rating:
(4.0 / 5)
I don’t know about you, but I find an overcrowded 6 train more relaxing than planning a toddler bday party in our crazy city. This year we decided to do something a little more low key and instead of a party for Sunny’s 4th birthday we opted for a small lunch for her and a couple of her close friends. The upstairs area at Big Daddy’s was perfect and the manager Erick made it seamless. The kids sat at their own table (which was a major big deal for them) and the adults were at their own table right beside it (far enough away for the kids to feel independent but close enough to intervene). Erick let us bring our own decorations and cake and we served family style mac & cheese, chicken fingers and fries. Easy peasy apple squeezy!
For a non-birthday party, regular family meal Big Daddy’s is great. It’s loud, colorful and fun with all of the important kid-friendly amenities including a large kids menu, changing tables and more.
The only downside would be the stroller situation. Since the majority of the tables are booths it isn’t possible to have an infant in the stroller. The only option is to get the large table at the back which has chairs or to get a table upstairs (but you’d have to carry the stroller up). Outside the that the Gramercy/Union Square location is lots of fun.
Have any readers checked out the Upper West Side location? Lemme know! Now if only I could go to the one in Dubai…..
- Gluten Free menu options
- Cups with covers for the kids….no spills baby!
- Ask for an upstairs table and your kiddos can write on the walls….srsly!
- It gets super busy on the weekends – make a res. Also order right when you sit down because the food takes a while during busy times.
- Great milkshakes! So good they have their own menu!
- Close to huge Barnes & Noble in Union Square with great kids floor and weekend farmers market in Union Square
- Join the Insider’s Club for 15% off meal and free birthday meal